IN 2018 I’M GRATEFUL FOR:
- My first full year in Austin, TX. For the first time since college, I finally feel settled in a city that feeds my soul. I feel so lucky to live in such a warm, beautiful city, and I plan to stay here for as long as I can. I’ve also made some pretty amazing friends down here who remind me that it’s quality > quantity that truly matters.
- My growing relationship with the Lord. A few years ago, I rededicated my life to following Christ, and it honestly scares me to think of where I would be today, without Him. I’ve felt a steady peace in my life this past year that I know has only come from putting my trust in God alone, and I pray that I can put my whole faith in following God wherever He asks me to go this next year.
- My independence. Many of you don’t know that I’ve been single for 5 years. During this time, I’ve grown more than I ever could have imagined. Moving down to Austin not knowing anyone, I literally had to make it on my own. Most times, I’ve really only had myself to rely on, and I’ve done a pretty damn good job at it.
And I’m MOST thankful for all of you who have encouraged me, rooted for me, and supported me through my creative journey. Let’s all take on 2019 with even bigger dreams!
IN 2019 I PLAN TO:
- Step up my blogging game. I constantly have so many ideas and goals I want to accomplish with this blog, and in 2019, I want to see those ideas come to life. Specifically, I want to be more vulnerable and open up a little more through this platform.
- Stay committed to living a healthy lifestyle. Recently, I’ve been super into fitness and eating healthy, and I want to continue this health journey through 2019 – working out as much as I can, and sticking to all-natural, non-processed foods (with a little splurging on the weekends!).
- Become more involved in my church and making time to volunteer. I’m always so busy, and it seems my last priority is my involvement in volunteering through my church. There are so many opportunities to help out, and the community that is available for me through church involvement is something I want to become a bigger part of. So this year, I want to make a conscious effort to carve out time for service within my church and the community.
Anyone else have similar goals/hopes/wishes for the New Year?? I would love to hear about them!
PS. The dress you see below is from Rent the Runway, and I have a code for all first-time renters! You’ll get $30 off your first rental on any purchase – just click here to access. And scroll to the bottom of this post, to shop all of my favorite mini sequin looks from RTR.
Photos by Jillian Savage