I mentioned in my previous post featuring my Western Rave look, that I would fill you guys in on all the madness that is quickly filling up my fall schedule. I’ve been consistently busy with work/travel/events since I moved to Austin, but never have I had as packed of a schedule as I do this upcoming fall season. To be honest, I’m not one of those people who thrives off of a busy/exciting/hectic schedule. I do way better with my free time, and waking up to a day filled with no plans is what I LIVE for. But some amazing opportunities have come up, and I’m not complaining about them! So, here we go – see below for all the fun
- Trip to Marfa, TX – The first time I went out to the desert town of Marfa, I fell in love. If you haven’t heard of this West Texas town, be sure to read all about my adventures from last time! I wanted to make sure I made it out here AT LEAST once more this year, since it’s pretty much my fave place on earth (not even exaggerating). It’ll be a quick trip this time, for only a weekend, but best believe I’m making the most of this time. Which means I booked two different shoots while I’m out there with two of my besties. It just so happened two of my friends (and photographers) will be out in Marfa during the same week, so I thought it made perfect sense to head out there and get a few shoots in. I’ll be sure to post all about the adventures upon my return.
- Moving – I’m super excited to be moving into my own place. I’ve only lived alone a total of 6 months, so I’ve never really had a place that’s all my own. Although I’m sad to not be living with my sister anymore, and to be moving out of the cutest apartment we shared together, I’m pumped to be able to decorate a place that’s totally my style and look. As soon as I’m all moved in, and the place looks the way I want it to, I’ll be sure to give you guys the full tour!
- Trip to Galveston, TX – One of the best parts about living in Austin? You’re only a 3-hour drive to the actual beach, on the Gulf of Mexico (as well as a 3 hour drive TO Mexico). I can’t believe I haven’t made it out to the coast yet. My sister and I are taking a long weekend beach trip, to celebrate both of our birthday’s (they are exactly a week apart from each other), as well as our time spent living together, since this trip will take place right after we both move into our new places.
- My Birthday – I don’t have any plans yet for this, but may do a one-day jam band music festival – but that’ll be a game time decision. Considering all that’s already going on, I may need to just do a chill dinner and have the weekend to myself to celebrate. We’ll see!
- ACL Music Festival – What happens when you have friends coming both weekends of ACL, because neither would budge on which weekend they wanted to do?? It means I got suckered in to attending BOTH weekends. I definitely won’t be attending all 3 days both weekends (hey, I’m not a superhuman), but I’ll probs do 2 days each weekend. I’m V excited for this festival, since I’ve never been before. I’ve already started working on my outfits for each day – stay tuned!
- Freaky Deaky Music Festival – This marks the end of my crazy fall schedule, and it might be the event I’m looking forward to the most. When my friend who lives in Dallas told me she was going to this Halloween music festival in Houston, I definitely couldn’t say no. It has one of the BEST lineups for a festival that I’ve attended in the past few years, AND that fact that it’s over Halloween weekend will make the outfits choices that much more entertaining. Anyone else in the Houston area going to this??
There you have it! Sprinkle in a few more exciting photoshoots that I have planned with some amazingly talented photographers, along with a possible visit from the family (I’m trying to get them to come down for the only weekend I’m free in October), and that pretty much sums up the fall season for me. I’m honestly tired just thinking about it, but I know all the trips/festivals/shoots will be worth it. Hey, I’m making memories over here people.
Also, be sure to shop this bohemian/hippie festival look. This is part 2 of my 3 part festival wear series, where I break down three of my fave festival styles. Be sure to check out the first post, featuring my Western Rave look.
PS. How fun was this shoot location?? Austin seriously has the most amazing finds for photoshoots, and this old motel was no exception.
Photos by Courtney Pittman